Wednesday, June 10, 2009

More Veggie Tales and More

For those of you that have been ANXIOUSLY awaiting the most recent pictures of our garden ;);)...here they are. Can you believe this? Pretty good for 2 people who really have no idea what they are doing :):) Actually, we have prayed a lot over this garden, because we KNOW that any good that comes out of it is ONLY the Lord!




Here is the bell pepper plant. It has one pepper on it...but that is the same pepper that was on it when I bought it...and it doesn't look like there are any more on it.....yet:)


Here are the sunflower plants. They are HUGE!


These are the ones that I am REALLY excited about! The Roma Tomatoes. I can't wait until they start appearing. We eat a lot of tomatoes so that will be fun.

OK...I'm done:) More veggie tales to come........

The boys little league season came to a close with an award night at Straw Hat Pizza. At Awana, the kids have special nights such as crazy hat night, animal night, etc. When I told Joshua that we were going to Straw Hat for awards, he asked me, "We need to get a straw hat and wear it Mom!" Obviously we are not a Straw Hat Pizza family :):) We prefer Me n Ed's Pizza...thank you very much;)
Caleb receiving his award from Coach Kirk with Coach Juan (who happens to be our backyard neighbor) in the background


Abby, Coach Kirk and Joshua


Last Sunday I took my camera to church, so I was able to get a few pictures of the kids in their Sunday School classes (Sorry Allie:) Love ya!)
Miss Lita's class with Eli, Joel, Anna, and Nessya


Alice and Allie with Annabelle, Joshua, Molly, Hannah, Abby, and Caleb


This past Monday we celebrated Baby Joseph Shapiro's birth with a baby shower.
Abby with Baby Joey

Kathie Ormsby gave an amazing and very sweet devotion that she included both Ellianna and Nessya in.


The girls received books from Kathie...one about Joseph and one about David.


AND THEN...both girls recited Psalm 100. They did a SUPER job!



"I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against You."
"Your Word is a Lamp unto my feet and a Light unto my path."

4 comments:

Amy Guerino said...

Can't believe your prayed over garden! It is great! I wish I could come over and help with the harvesting...and making of good things to eat!

Anonymous said...

Haha...thanks Stacey ;) If its ok I'm gonna "borrow" the pic of our Sunday school class and put it on Facebook. It turned out nice!

Wonder Woman said...

Love the garden! It looks great! Can't wait to see the yummy veggies it produces!

Anonymous said...

Elianna and Nessya did their verses on Sunday too. It was absolutely ADORABLE!!! Put the BIGGEST SMILES on everyone's faces! :D :D