Thursday, August 21, 2008

Lesson learned

Yesterday we were in a frantic search for a couple of library books that we didn't know where they were. I stopped the kids from what they were doing to tell them that we were not going to stop looking until we had found that book. We looked in the normal places, we took apart toy boxes, we searched the car, under beds...everywhere! I started to get frustrated as I was pretty sure that the book was somewhere in the house and that we were just missing it. I turned to Kristina, who was in the room with me, and said, "You know what we forgot to do?" to which she replied, "pray.". I said, "Yeah...the way we should have started this search." So we stopped and prayed that the Lord would help us find it and bring to mind the place that it might be. It was not more than 3 minutes later I heard a scream and an "I FOUND IT!" coming from Kristina. The book was found in a place where she thought she had already looked. This time we did not delay in praying. All the kids and I sat down and we all thanked the Lord for answering our prayer and helping us find the book.
How many times do I do that? Forget the most important thing...my relationship with my Father who knew all along where that book was, but was just waiting for me to ask.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing! I was just talking with a friend about how rare something is, but its good to remember to bring our requests before the Lord on a daily basis.(even requests for rare things, or library books):) And not to forget to thank Him afterwards.
"be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12