Thursday, July 17, 2008

What I Appreciate About You

Yesterday was a hard day. We all seemed to be pretty weak in the areas of patience, diligence, and love:( Last night, after having a pep talk about showing love to each other, we went around the circle and the kids told each other what they appreciated about their siblings. This is what I appreciate about my kids.
"Kristina, I appreciate how responsible you are. You do your jobs very responsibly and with a good attitude. I know it's not always easy being the oldest and a lot of things get placed on your shoulders, but you always do a great job at whatever you do. Thank you honey. I couldn't do it without you!"
"Abby, I appreciate your kind and loving spirit. I cannot even count the number of people who have been encouraged by your hugs and love shown to them. Thank you for being a bright spot not only in our lives but in many others lives as well."

"Joshua, I appreciate your gentle spirit. You are very gentle and loving...especially to the babies and younger children at church. You don't overwhelm them but help them in a very gentle manner."
"Caleb, I appreciate your love for your Mommy. You love to give me love and hugs and kisses and....I love you! (don't tell anyone:)" (for those of you reading this...that last part was an inside joke)

"Anna, I appreciate your dimply (did I just make up a new word?) smile and your kisses and hugs. They really just make my day. Don't ever get "too big" to give your Mommy kisses and hugs. I love them!"




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All the Epps kids are a blessing! Thanks, Abby for being my "bright spot" on many occasions! I could always count on a big hug from her at church and she always says something funny that makes me smile! :) Truly a gift from the Lord!