Sunday, July 27, 2008

Homeschooling Conference in Modesto

This past weekend I attended the Modesto Homeschooling Conference with Wonder Woman. Yes...alas...I am personal friends with the great beauty of a Superfriend...and that is exactly what she is....a SUPER friend!!:):) I said the whole weekend, "We need to take a picture"... "We need to take a picture"...and then I forget to take a picture. Oh well, you'll just have to read my ramblings instead:) It was a great weekend and I really felt like the Lord was leading me to the exact places (i.e. seminars and even my seat at lunch) where He wanted me to be. Some of the seminars dealt with the exact things that I and my children have been struggling with and it was so neat to see the Lord's proddings in "the way you should go" in dealing with these struggles. He even led me to people who are either doing or have done the curriculum I am considering doing this next year so I was able to "pick their brains" about the pros and cons of the curriculum. This year, at the conference, was more of a "go and talk to the vendors" type year for me to research different curriculum and different ways to homeschool 4 children all at once.
It was also a relaxing weekend as we were able to go out to dinner, get Starbucks (a couple of times:), meet new people, see people we haven't seen in awhile, go to the mall, and just enjoy our time without having to hear "Mommy!" every 5 minutes:):)
My husband and kiddos also had a fun weekend. They went to the park, played tennis and basketball, went to the Silliman Center (water play place/pool), played baseball, went to Mc Donalds, and then ended the night with icecream from Rite Aid. Do you remember when you could get a single scoop for 15 cents, a double for 30 cents and a triple for 45 cents? Am I showing my age?:):) Well it's not as cheap as that now, but it is still a good price for a family of 7. They had a very FULL and fun day! Saturday they all cleaned the house! Go kids!! Kristina can now officially clean bathrooms. YEAH!! They picked me up in Dublin that night and we went to the Elephant Bar for dinner.
More pictures to be posted after Friday as we are going to.............(yah'll come back now...ya hear:):)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Ok,... now I'm curious.... Who's this "wonder woman"? :) maybe I need a weekend with her too! (Yes, and I'll be back... I love reading your blog!) It sounds so close to home! :) Love y'all!