Thursday, August 6, 2009

Discovery Kingdom

The kids participated once again in the Read To Succeed program that Discovery Kingdom puts on. They have to read for 6 hours in order to receive a free ticket....teacher gets a free one too!! What a deal! We took Kristina's friend Christine with us along with the Iglesias'. It was such a fun day...but very long and tiring. By the end of the day, at least some of us, were dragging ourselves back to the car. It's hard work having so much fun!!;);)




As always, the butterflies were amazing and it was fun to see all the gorgeous colors. A couple of the butterflies looked so plain when they were sitting on a branch...but as soon as they started flying the inside was an electrifying blue and one was a fluorescent red. Just beautiful! It always amazes me the colors that the Lord has given for our enjoyment.


I like elephants! They are such amazing creatures. (Note: Just because I like elephants doesn't mean that I want a whole bunch of elephant stuff around my house. I'm just an admirer from afar;);) I remember when I was younger, I REALLY liked elephants. This was the first time that we had gone to the elephant show and we were really impressed! The elephant was SOOO close (almost too close for my liking...especially since my kids were sitting in the front row and there was only a stair step that was separating the elephant from them). The trainer was very informative and seemed like he really enjoyed his job and the elephants.


Stacey, Daffy, Anna, Tweety, Kristina, & Christine


Sweet Anna


There he is! My orange-armed boy! Just in case you hadn't heard, Caleb fractured his arm at about the elbow. On the last day of swimming lessons, I let the kids play in the park that is right next to the pool. Caleb fell off of the monkey bars (he fell backwards and landed on his arm ). He will have the cast on for a month. Unfortunately, it is his right arm....thus making life, school, and eating an all around challenge/adventure at this time.


Joshua on the merry-go-round


The Epps Clan plus Christine :)

No comments: