Saturday, December 13, 2008

Thanksgiving (a little late)

Oh my...how time flies! It's almost Christmas and I haven't even posted about Thanksgiving. What I was thankful for this year was that we were able to spend Thanksgiving in Arroyo Grande with my grandparents. What a treat! We drove down Wednesday morning and arrived about 4:30 p.m.
Isn't this picture precious!? 65+ years of marriage and still holding hands.:):)

I cooked "The Bird" and it turned out pretty good...if I do say so myself:) I get nervous about it every year, but this year it dawned on me that it is actually pretty easy to cook a turkey. I might have to do it more often. Especially when said bird is $9.99!! Cheap meat!:)
Isn't it purdy?!

My dad did the honors of cutting the meat and Kristina was his sidekick.


We were able to visit, for a very short time, with Aunt Helen and Aunt Mary. It was so good to see them. Quick memory of Aunt Mary(the one with the blue necklace on)....she loves children and I can remember as a child, when all of the other adults were in the living room talking, Aunt Mary would come into the bedroom and color with me. I believe it was a Winnie the Pooh coloring book. She would always have tea parties when I would go to her house, which I loved....lots of sugar and milk. Yum Yum! And cookies...always cookies at Auntie Mary's house. I remember going to her house and doing all sorts of crafts too. We made walnut shell turtles and paper mache vases....I was little, but I still remember it. I guess as I think back, and as an adult now, I realize that it is not always easy to move away from the adult conversation to play with a child. But I still remember the time she spent with me and how special that time was to me. As a mom, I know that I need to spend that special time with my kiddos, doing fun stuff that will create memories for them of their childhood like Auntie Mary created for me. I love you Auntie Mary. You are very special!!

After Thanksgiving dinner, we went to see the Monarch butterflies at Pismo Beach. Amazing! There were SO many of them that they looked like they were a big clump of leaves instead of butterflies.

We also took a walk at Pismo Beach and saw a gorgeous sunset.

Here is the Epps family and Auntie Lindsay in front of the "almost gorgeous sunset":):)

And of course we had to take lots of pictures with Grandpa and Grandma Milburn. I so thankful that my kids have been able to know and spend time with their GGPa and GG. It has been a special blessing!


We had a wonderful time together and hope that we will be able to do it again soon. So much to be thankful for!!!


No comments: