Monday, December 22, 2008

Cookie Baking Extravaganza 2008

We had QUITE the day yesterday at our house. It was cookie baking day! What fun it was! Allie came over and helped us make and decorate our cookies. We made molasses cut out cookies, sugar (cut out) cookies, snickerdoodles, and shortbread with chocolate topping. YUM YUM!!

The kids really enjoyed decorating the cookies....although they also enjoyed being distracted by the movie Prince Caspian that was playing in the background:)


The kids did a great job in decorating the cookies.


Mommy and Kristina. As I am writing this blog, Kristina just came in and said, "It was so fun decorating the cookies. I almost want to do it again!" WOW...that is a die hard cookie fan. I must admit that I was kind of tired of decorating when we were done. There were SO MANY cut-out cookies!


Allie helped out Anna a lot (thanks Allie!) and we learned that Anna is even more of a die hard cookie decorator than Kristina. She kept going and going and going. When we were all done, she kind of got upset that we couldn't keep decorating. Last year when we did this, I had to keep Anna's cookies separate from everyone elses because she kept licking her fingers, cookies, etc. This year, I made sure to tell her that she couldn't lick anything. At one point in the night, she had a glob of icing on her arm. Allie said, "Lick it off", to which Anna replied, "No, I can't, my mommy told me not too!" She actually listened...and I know that with sugary icing in front of her that that wasn't easy:):) Good Job Anna!
Hard at work



This cookie is a masterpiece! Can't you tell?? Actually this is a "Anna got a hold of the sprinkles before anyone could stop her" cookie:):) When Allie was getting ready to leave and we were filling up her plate with cookies to take home, I asked Anna, "Are you going to give Allie one of yours?" Can you guess which one she gave her? Yep...the one with ALL the sprinkles (picture below:):) What a gift! I hope you enjoy eating that one Allie!!:):)



Here are some pictures of all of our cookies. Enjoy...I know that we are going to enjoy eating them!!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a fun day this was!!! =)