Saturday, August 21, 2010

A Life Change

In the middle of June, we loaded up my Grandparents belongings and moved them out of their sweet home on Starlight Lane in Arroyo Grande. It was kind of bitter sweet as they were leaving a place that they have called home for so long, to move to Bethesda Home where they really need to be now. It was definitely the Lord's timing and they moved into a very homey place which they have now made their own. Charley and I drove up in the morning, arrived about 1-2 p.m., helped load the truck & clean, ate dinner, and then drove the 4 hours back home. It was a LONG day, but it was nice to be able to sleep in our own beds instead of sleeping on the floor in my grandparents empty house. The next day, we got up, went to Bethesda and unloaded the truck. By the time my grandparents got there (around dinner time) their little place REALLY looked like a home....china in the china cabinet, bed made, kitchen in place, etc. I really think that them walking into a furnished home helped the "blow" a little of them having to move to Bethesda.
My sweet Grandma watching as we loaded the truck.


By the time we were done, this truck was PACKED to the very end.


A friend of my Grandparents came to help us move and he brought his little grandson with him. He was SO cute!! He wanted to help out in any way he could. Charley provided this photo opportunity for me:):)
Somebody handed him this screwdriver and told him to get the screws out of the bed frame. He stayed there for quite awhile just working those screws out and trying to work hard. SO CUTE!!


This wonderful lady is a special friend of my grandparents. She came and literally made the kitchen SHINE!
Margie and my mom Carol


Auntie Mary, me, & Auntie Helen after eating a hearty meal that Aunt Helen provided for all the hard workers.


No comments: