Saturday, November 21, 2009

Anniversary Get-Away

Charley and I celebrated our 12 year anniversary on the 15th!! Wow!! To celebrate our anniversary, we took a quick get-away to Monterey/Pacific Grove. We stayed in the Seven Gables Inn in Pacific Grove. I would highly recommend it. It was just what we needed!
We ate dinner at Fandangos which was OK...probably would have been better if I was a real lover of Italian food...but alas....I am not. Oh well, it was an adventure.

This is what we woke up to....just gorgeous!


We walked along the "cliffs" over the bay for awhile and spent some time in the Word and just talking. What a treat it was to just be quiet for a few days and not be responsible for any littlies. Just what I needed.



The gardens were very beautiful and peaceful.


Charley is pointing to our room :):)


The happy...and well rested....couple enjoying their time together.


Then...we went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium...and can I just say, that that is an amazing place!! We had never seen the sea horse display since it opened, so I was very excited to see it. I WAS NOT disappointed. AMAZING!! What an amazing Creator is our God!! I never tire of looking at the sea creatures at the aquarium. Charley and I took a behind the scenes tour and that was pretty great too. Our guide was SOOO informative and knew A LOT. The people in our group were quite talkative too (in a good way) so it made the tour all the more worth it.
Can you believe that this is a seahorse?? It took me a minute to realize what I was looking at :)


After going through some of the aquarium, we stopped for lunch at Bubba Gumps. It was a very fun lunch! We had a "Bucket of Boat Trash"....a bucket full of crab, fish, shrimp and fries. All fried...not good for you in the least....but very yummy :):) Thanks Samm for the tip!

No comments: