Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Gardening and Fishing

Guess what!? We planted a garden. I am SOOOO excited about this since I've been waiting a whole year to be able to do this. I wanted to last year...but it just didn't happen. We planted corn, green, red and albatross peppers, roma tomatoes, early girl tomatoes, cucumbers, strawberries, and sunflowers. I seed planted a cherry tomato but I'm not sure if that one is going to take. I might have to go and buy a little plant instead. The corn is doing amazing and the pepper plants, which I bought at Costco, are already growing little peppers. So fun to watch!

I told the kids that we need to pray for our garden that the Lord would cause the veggies to grow. More updates...or as Mr. Greenhouse says...more veggie tales to come:):)


The other day we took all the kids to Quarry Lakes in Fremont to fish. Everybody had their own fishing pole...even Anna. We bought her a Dora the Explorer one. And you know what? She did a GREAT job casting! Pretty good for a 4 1/2 year old! We didn't catch anything, but we had a fun day (although it got really hot).
Here is Abby messing around with the bait :)


I haven't put a picture of Buster on here since we first got him about 3-4 months ago. He is getting so big! He is such a good/friendly puppy and loves us and people in general. He is such a house dog that I don't think I have ever seen him panting like he did this day. We took him fishing with us.



The kids hard at work...or should that be..working on patience:)



Kristina...the master caster. Since Charley doesn't have a fishing license, he couldn't help the kids cast their lines...so Kristina came to the rescue many a time that day.



Anna with her Dora fishing pole


Fisherman Caleb

3 comments:

Michelle Widman said...

I thought Buster is a chihuahua...but that picture doesn't look very chihuahua-ish... Is he a mix?

Epps Clan said...

Yes...he is a Dachshund Chihuahua mix...I think of you every time I spell Chihuahua :):) How are you feeling? Hope you have a great trip to Oklahoma!

Amy Guerino said...

Happy Gardening! Kids just love it...do make 'em help with the weeding....such good life skills. I hope the plants yield a great crop for you...be sure to put pictures up as they grow. I can no longer do this sort of gardening due to my health issues but my hubby just made me a great big planter box for my deck. I'll post a picture when it is done!

Thanks again for the birthday thoughts. The week of was rough as my Dad has had major heart issues. A stint was put in but the doctor doesn't think it will be enough. Bypass surgery might be in the near future. Wish we could get together today...but I have a sick boy at home with pink eye, I think! UGH!