Thursday, September 11, 2008

Oh my!!

Tonight I had a very interesting conversation with my son (who will remain nameless:)
"Mommy, when Anna and I are grown up...are we going to be together, not pretend, but for real like a Mommy and Daddy?" I explained to him that brothers and sisters don't get married, but that Lord willing he will marry a girl who is not his sister. He informed me that she should be his age or younger...like Mommy and Daddy.

Then...a little later in the evening he asks me, "How old do you have to be when you grow up to be a Dad?" My response was, "When you get married!":):)

Oh man....here we go.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha... thats funny! It reminds me of one of your daughters not to long ago in Sunday School saying with wide eyes, "Gasp! I don't even know who I'm going to marry yet!" (then deep in thought pondering the matter). To which Alice and I looked at each other jokingly and said, "Join the club." (: