Friday, May 23, 2008

Please pray for Koinonia!

I walked outside this morning to get the mail and the smell of smoke was what I was met with. I'm not completely positive, but I think the smell was from the Summit fires in the Santa Cruz mountains. Koinonia Conference Grounds is in the area of the fire and the fire has come VERY close to it. Please pray for the Lord's protection of these grounds and also for the homes of the camp staff: Dave and Kim, Daryl and Tami, Pablo and Amy, Kathy, and the other staffers who live on site. Emotions were starting to well up yesterday as I thought about camp and all of the good memories that I have of my years spent there. But there was also a sense of peace in the promises of the Lord. As Romans 8:28 says, "And we know that God causes ALL things (and that includes devastating fires) to work together for good, to those who love God, to those who are the called, according to His purpose." In that, I rest and pray.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm definately praying with you about this! Koinonia is one of my most favorite places on earth and all the dear people there and their homes need a hedge of protection from the Lord.

Becky said...

Hi Stacey, Thanks for the update on Koinonia. I had no idea it was that close.
I'm so glad you have a blog up, I didn't know how to get back to you before. Congratulations on your beautiful family and it's great to hear from you. Hope you're all doing great. WOW! 5 kids! you must be one busy momma, #3 is cooking right now, but I think we'll stop there.